So after the incident with Mateo I contacted two different dog trainers, and they both agree that at this point in Mateo's life, he cannot be 'corrected' with his aggression issues...Having a long bite history, and getting older is only going to make things worse.
I talked with another friend of mine who went through a similar thing last year with a German Shepard she had...It has helped alot talking to someone who can relate, but it is still the most heartbreaking thing I think i've ever dealt with...
Joel and I talked alot last night and we decided for the sake of our family and Mateo's own quality of life that euthanasia is the only solution...We laid in bed and cried together, and I hardly slept last night. I've been trying to think of some ways to spoil him these last couple days, but I can't because he doesn't want to be around me, which makes things even worse....
I talked to my exco-worker at the clinic and our county is under rabies quarantine right now, so she's checking on the details because I don't want his head cut off for tissue testing, So we're going to have to see if we need to wait ten days or not to be in the clear...but as soon as we know the details we're having it done...
This is one of the hardest decisions i've ever made, and I hope that I will realize it's the best thing for us and not regret it the rest of my life...
No comments:
Post a Comment