Monday, September 10, 2012

It's not easy to say goodbye...

That Wynonna Judd song has been going through my head all day....Today is a weird weird day for me, Today I am just wasting time until taking Mateo in...He only has hours to live and he doesn't even know...It's so bizarre to me, I worked in a career that we euthanized animals all the time, I seemed numb to it..but to choose a day and time to legally -kill- something, is so strange. It sucks...It makes me feel like a horrible person, even though I know i've tried everything in my power..

All week i've tried to spoil him, which is hard because he doesn't really want to hang out with me...I've taken him on a few walks, played in the yard with him, fixed him some lettuce and treats in his breakfast this morning, It doesn't make it any less bizarre...

Anyway, I know wounds will heal with time, right now it just really sucks...

I'll love you forever Mateo...













1 comment:

  1. Good bye, Mateo... We were never the best of friends, but I did like to play "search" with you - you were so good at finding that squirrel! Farewell, Tatertot, AKA Mr. Grumpy Pants :(

    ReplyDelete