Sunday, December 18, 2011

Early Christmas....

Every Christmas the boss at my work throws this huge special day called "Surprise Saturday" If you've never been there before its really exciting, if you've been there before you're just EXTRA prepared...so I've worked there for almost 6 years total, and so i'm just prepared now, but it never gets old what she does...

I did have to work yesterday, so that was kinda lame, but it was a pretty smooth day, nothing insane...then about 1 O' Clock, all the employees start showing up, we have a big potluck and eat a bunch of stuff. Then the first "surprise" shows up...a Limo. So we get to ride the Limo to an undisclosed destination...which is to go get our picture taken with Santa. Since there's a million of us we all have to squish in to the picture and of course she picks the pregnant lady to kneel on the floor in front, I mean i'm not huge yet, but it's getting harder and harder for me to bend over very far or get down on the floor, haha.

So after that we all get back into the Limo and we all get envelopes...this is the fun part when the people who have never been there before have no idea whats next, so she kinda gives a disclosure that we're going to the mall and whatever is in the envelope you have to use it within the hour and you have to use all of it on yourself and if you're not back in an hour you get left behind...

So us Full timers get $200...and I had already scoped out what I was gonna get...so here's what I got with my $200.....

 Some super sweet Keen snow boots i've had my eye on since last year, They didn't have them last year, so I had to wait a whole year! Even though there's no snow on the ground now...there will be eventually.
I got myself some maternity jeans which seem to make my bump grow insanely! Haha, i'm so self conscious of my bump, I know that everybody grows differently depending on their body, but I feel like i'm already huge! I already had a bit of a gut before I got pregnant so I know it's not all baby, infact I know that MOST of it is not baby, cuz my baby isn't even above my belly button yet! Its alittle hard but also alittle squishy and I don't know what a normal bump is suppose to feel like...so even though I lost a ton of weight, I feel so fat! I also have my love handles too, which doesn't make it any better...ok, ok, i'm done now.

Okay, so after we're done at the mall we all come back to the clinic and share with everyone what we got, it's funny to see what the newbies get cuz like my first year, they usually run around like crazy people just buying anything they see that they like, in the time it seems like so much money and No time,  and the seasoned shoppers usually have their big show items they pick out ahead of time...the other thing is she doesn't take your money back afterwards anyway, so its not a big deal.

So then, she starts handing out gifts for everyone that they had on their wish list...these are usually the big ticket items and the full time people are more likely to get what they want, she really wanted to get me a big baby item, but I know that my mom and mother in law are really wanting to do that, so I was thinking more of myself at the time...

I haven't taken it out of the box yet, until the basement is finished, but it's a 40inch flat screen tv!! Whoooo! Actually it was more Joel that wanted it than me, but it's going to look real nice in our newly redone basement, so i'm excited too.

We also do a secret santa and a white elephant, so theres lots of presents and you leave feeling like you just won the lottery...it's pretty crazy and fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment