Thursday, December 8, 2011

What I do as a job (Part 1)

So I love to talk about what I do for a living, it is so important to me and I love it with all my heart, it's what gets me up in the morning and its what really drives my spirit, I've had a tough past couple years in the business, its hard to branch out when you live in a small city and everyone knows everything about everyone else...Some days I come home wondering what the heck i'm thinking, and then you get encouragement from complete strangers....One of which is referenced in this past post.

So this is how it goes: I love animals, with all my heart, I really really love animals. I grew up with Cats my entire life, I had a hamster when I was about 10, which was the worst mistake my parents ever made. I saved up about 30$ to buy the whole set up, I picked out a white albino with red eyes and named 'her' angel...She bit me, the first day and I hated her, haha. It was awful, I truly didn't like that little critter, she smelled bad, she was loud and she bit anything that moved in front of her face. She died 3 years later (Which is insanely long for a hamster) I cried and cried for days and felt so guilty that I didn't love her more or spend more time with her.

 I always loved dogs growing up...But my parents always said no, My dad grew up on a farm and of course had farm dogs around all the time and always believed that "dogs belong in the country" But every year on christmas or my birthday when my parents would ask me what I wanted, I always said "I want a puppy" and the answer was always No....
 I used to ride my bike down to the pound and pick out dogs that I wanted to take home, and I would ride home and beg my dad to come look into the eyes of the poor puppies and tell them we couldn't take them home, and he would humor me and come down to the pound and look at the dogs and I always left in tears, because it was always the same answer...Looking back I can't imagine how my dad didn't buy me a million dogs, I must have been the saddest little girl in the world, leaving those puppies in tears just knowing they wouldn't be there the next time I went.
So when I turned 17, the question came again, what did I want for my birthday? and I came back with the same answer I always said, "I want a puppy" and my mom tells me "Well go ask your father." So of course I go to talk to my dad pondering if I should even put myself through the disappointment again..
But this time, he said YES!, I called all the shelters in town looking for puppies, if i was gonna do this, i was gonna do it right...and thats when Mateo ^ licked his way into my life, and little did i know, not only did my life long dream come true, he would help me get my first Job and set my life in motion for the career of my dreams...



^This is my precious tater pants...He has put me through sooo many challenges in my life, but thats a whole other story....

1 comment: