Sunday, January 8, 2012

My tattoos (part 1)

Okay, Amy suggested I do a post about my tattoos, I don't have a billion like some people, but to not drag it on too long i'm going to group them into kind of different ones that were done at the same time or by different artists..

So my very first tattoos were the dove outlines that are on either side of my 'Sunshine', I totally stole the image from something I found off the internet, and I hate to say that now, but hopefully i've made it personal enough it's not too alike.

The next I got was the 'Sunshine' across my shoulders, I love this one because I love John Denver with all of my heart, my parents of course listened to it when I was a kid, and I can sing every song by heart on his greatest hits live album, so amazing, I could listen to John forever...Well my dad used to sing Sunshine on my Shoulders when we were kids and if we ever had nightmares and couldn't get back to sleep, he would sing that song and all the monsters and horrible things from the nightmares would be pushed aways by sunshine and happy thoughts, it was amazing. 

(I also want to put a disclaimer here that not all of my tattoos have a meaning, alot of them I just thought were cool and loved the design, Tattoo shows on TV are so stupid when they make people think that every tattoo has to have a meaning)

 My little cherry blossoms on my upper arm was a painting on a ceramic cup that my grandma had done, I actually didn't know that she had painted it until after I got the tattoo.
 The next Sailor Jerry Mermaid I kinda custom made and Damon is amazing enough to make it so, I changed her from blonde to brunette and we added some flowers and I think we changed her face too, but like most of sailor jerry's stuff I just think it's beautiful.

 This is my "OW" face....Tattoos suck, don't let anyone tell you they don't hurt, i'll admit some areas are not as painful as others, but they still all hurt and it sucks...over the years i've developed a technique that's probably horribly unhealthy, but I drink a TON of water before going in to get a tattoo (Which is good to stay hydrated) But then when my bladder is soooo full to the point where it kinda hurts to hold it in, I focus more on not peeing my pants than how much the tattoo hurts....haha, weird?? May not work for all people, but it sure works for me!!
 This whale (Again, I love whales, sorry) came from a book about whales and I liked the kind of japanese carving style that it looked like.
 So all of these tattoos I got within the first couple months after turning 18, it's when I was fresh outta the start and I went to the shop every other week.

1 comment:

  1. Oh gosh- I LOVE tattoos. I have three, and I hope to get more. If they have meaning, they're good in my book!

    ReplyDelete