Thursday, February 23, 2012

I quit my job...

It didn't start out as a horrible day, infact I thought it was going to go better than I expected, except that I couldn't sleep last night, I was tossing and turning all night. I had the early shift at work this morning, and I went even earlier so that I could bring Iris and Mateo to get their teeth done. They had been looked at, and ready to go, but Dr. K had some clients that came in that she wanted to 'squeeze' in for some non emergent surgeries...which put us completely behind, when 5 o' clock rolled around Mateo still hadn't been done, so Dr. S went to ask when he was going to get done, well something happened and all hell broke loose...anyway, Brittney decided to stay after hours so that we could get Mateo done, and Dr. K made a comment to me about being in the same room as the anesthesia...and it didn't sit right with me, I may have been over thinking it, but the way she said it and the way that she hasn't cared about ANYTHING to do with this pregnancy, really ticked me off....Like bawl my eyes out on the way home and call my sister sobbing, ticked me off...Like Text my boss and tell her I am quitting ticked off...

Don't get me wrong, it isn't just this little thing, but it's the fact that she had to say it at that time, on this day, in that way...I've had enough, i'm done, i'm over that place...it was so unhealthy.

I talked to my sister for a long time, who had some great things to say, and as much as I would like to be the bigger person in this situation and go in tomorrow and act like nothing happened, I just couldn't...I needed to be done with this, and my anxiety is so extreme that I honestly don't think I could have stood up to her without passing out, or being so anxious that it hurt the baby...

I know it was the right thing to do...It's hard to believe right now, and i'm still unsettled, its not quite real yet, and I want to feel like it's just a huge weight lifted off my shoulders, but it's not yet...I know it's going to take some time for me to feel like I made the right decision, but I know it will get there, and I won't regret this. I think the biggest thing right now is that my insurance still isn't figured out, but I know that Joel would sell his kidney if he had to, to make sure there is a roof over our heads, so even though things are going to get complicated and hard, it's gonna work out....

2 comments:

  1. That sounds horrible! I'm sorry you day was so poo :( I hope tomorrow is better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh I've missed a lot! You are so far along in your pregnancy now. I am sorry that you had to quit your job but it seems the stress it caused wasn't healthy for you or the pregnancy.

    ReplyDelete