Wednesday, February 15, 2023

Things and stuff

 Just added to the ranting from a few days ago....vet techs don't get enough recognition. I just learned today that my co-worker, who overall has less veterinary experience than me, is not licensed, and will potentially be offered a lead position, makes more money than me. Not to mention her attendance and the amount of times she has been late to work is just astounding....and maybe, no definitely....I was raised different. I hold myself to an absolute different standard...I am not late, I literally would be dying outside and crawl myself into work on time...punctuality when it comes to work has always been insanely ingrained in my head as being like the first thing anyone notices....now has this held true through my life/career?? Absolutely not, my boss is late most days....frustrating?! ab so fricking lutely!! Like when did showing up on time, not become important?! 

Anyway, Vet tech is not a protected title and it probably won't be in the forseeable future. So like Nurses, you can't call yourself a nurse unless you've had formal training/passed a test. Certified Nurse assistant, Registered Nurse, Licensed Practical nurse....etc. You can't just call yourself a nurse without having some credentials....unlike being a Veterinary technician....You can call yourself  a veterinary technician for On the job training, or just working at a clinic for two seconds...nobody cares, and being "Licensed" also doesn't matter, because the title just isn't regulated, so nobody care or knows what being Licensed, certified, etc entails....

Thoughts and words, I am also listening to my ten year old talk about things, so I can't form my ideas/thoughts appropriately. 

No comments:

Post a Comment