No picture today, and i'm gonna tell you why...Today at my appointment I lost a pound since last visit, and four pounds total since the beginning of my pregnancy. I've been dealing with this horrific intestinal infection called 'c-diff' I had problems with it before I was pregnant but probably since my immune system was a bit compromised the bacteria was like "Hey! This is a party lets take over her intestines"
I'm not gonna put the gross details on here, but i'll give you a condensed version of how this happened...about two years ago I went to the ER with a horrible UTI and they gave me some pretty hard core antibiotics, which knocked out the infection and also knocked out all the 'good bacteria' in my intestines, which without good bacteria the bad stuff takes over and it's just not a good result from there....the only part that sucks is that i'm in the less than 5% that treatment doesn't help, i've been on all the medications they give people with this problem and nothing has helped me, i'm also taking crazy probiotics everyday and all I can eat right now is bananas and rice....hence, why i've lost the weight, everything else makes my stomach start cramping and I have to sit in the bathroom for 45mins...
So my OB today was going to call everyone he knew to try and get me in to see someone who knows what they are doing....which is the other problem is that most doctors don't know what causes people to relapse with cdiff or how to treat them when they keep getting it, so basically i'm a freak of nature...
But he checked my stomach, said my uterus was the normal size and found the baby's heartbeat and was kicking around in there when he moved the doppler around, so that eased my mind to know that despite the things going on with me, the baby is still doing well, he said by 18 weeks I should be able to feel the kicks, and Joel and I scheduled for our ultrasound in 4 weeks...I find out two days before leaving for Florida (If i'm feeling better of course) and the Dr. said as long as i'm feeling well I can go to Mexico with the family in february too! Ah! This morning was so horrible for me, i'm soooo anxious and dr appointments are the worst for me, luckily Joel was able to come with me today and ease my mind alittle...
The nurse was so rude though, she was the same nurse that did my first appointment with me and when she asked if the baby was planned and I said no, she asked "Well were you on birth control?" and I said no, my hormones had been all messed up she's all, "Okay well i'm going to go ahead and record it as planned since i'm assuming you realized not using birth control can get you pregnant?" Okay bitch...well it still wasn't planned no matter how rude you wanna be, she also gave me a hard time when I needed my blood pulled, when I told her I needed to lay down or else I was going to pass out, she said "I can't imagine you'd be scared of one little needle" (referring to my tattoos) Yea lady, it's not the needle that scares me, it's the fact you're draining blood out of my body that freaks me out alittle.....but the thing she said to me today after she weighed me was "Why didn't you gain any weight?" with a stupid little smirk on her face, I really wanted to punch her, like she's implying that I'm trying not to gain weight, I said "Uhhh, I have horrible diarrhea and can only eat rice and bananas and I have yet to find a doctor that will help me." all she said to that was "oh yea.." ugh! Stupid bitch, excuse my language, but seriously, some people need to just quit their jobs...if they're not going to be nice to people, they shouldn't work with people!
Anyway, I think that's all for now.
Who is your doctor?? I HATE it when nurses say that I shouldn't be afraid of needles because I have so many tattoos (I'm super-wuss when it comes to taking blood). I always curtly try to explain that there is a huge difference, and also point out that I don't even enjoy being tattooed for that matter, but they always say the same thing anyways. I'm sorry that happened to you! Ugh and the birth control remark was just inappropriate.
ReplyDeleteMy Dr is Molloy at St. V's and he's SUPER nice, never said anything rude or inappropriate to me (He does work with pregnant women after all, he's probably learned, hehe) But his Nurse is a BITCH! She's been so rude and made snide remarks to me every time i've been there, she's the only one though everyone else is VERY nice and always comments on my tattoos in positive ways and doesn't treat me like some rat they found in the trash, eh, anyway...haha, thanks for reading my rants :-)
ReplyDelete