So my appointment was suppose to be today...but I ended up going in yesterday, He had been pretty quiet on Monday and Tuesday something just didn't feel right, he wasn't squirming like usual, and I tried doing a kick count and he still wasn't doing a whole lot...I could feel him moving just small little jabs but not the usual, so I got all worried and called the office, They wanted me to come in to watch him on the monitors...so when Joel came home for lunch he called work and told them he had to come with me (Cause of course I was crying and freaking out, only for about ten minutes, but still!!) So Joel came with me, and as soon as we get all hooked up to the monitors he starts squirming like crazy and moving alllll over the place...(Doesn't that always happen??!!) The nurses and staff were really nice though, making me feel like it wasn't stupid for me to come in and it's always better to be safer than sorry (But not bitch nurse...I talked to her on the phone and she made it seem like I was over reacting and being dramatic, ugh!)
Anyway, since it was just the day before my appointment anyway she decided to check me and see what my progress was...well come to find out I guess I was having contractions while I was hooked up and couldn't feel them...she even seemed really surprised that I couldn't feel them so I guess they were kind of big, she asked what my decision was on the epidural, and I told her I was going in with an open mind...and she said that I was one of the people she could see going through without a problem since I must have a higher pain tolerance, so that made me feel pretty good!! We'll see when the time comes though...haha.
So she checked me and i'm now 80% effaced, and baby's head is at 0 station! That's like LOW...even when she got in there, she was like Woah! Theres baby's head! haha, i'm 1 cm dilated, so i've made progress since last week....So she said she doesn't expect to see me for my appointment next week and she said she'd bet money I won't make it to my due date!! Woah, I was blown away! So of course as soon as I get home, I start having contractions...and had quite a few all afternoon, but nothing that I could keep track of...Joel and I went for a walk after dinner and got some pretty hard ones that kept going into the night, but I wasn't going to stay up, so I went to bed and got up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom, I thought for sure it was time...i've heard your body starts 'cleaning' things out when you go into labor, so I went back to bed thinking i'd wake up with full on contractions....nope. Today has been less than exciting, some contractions here and there but nothing serious...unfortunately :-(
Oh well...so I gained two more pounds!! pooey, I'm now getting kind of anxious about the weight gain and whether i'll be able to loose it. OKAY..but i'm trying not to stress about that now, not much I can do until this baby comes out!

are you kidding...you look great! And the weight will come off I promise! Congrats and gosh this gets me excited to have my little one in about 16 weeks!!! eeeeek.
ReplyDeleteso glad I stumbled upon your blog!
xoxo
Aarean
colorissue.blogspot.com
Ahhh I'm getting so excited for you!! And look at me, I've had TWO kids and I gained more than you. CHANDA, I gained EIGHTY POUNDS with my first daughter!! Including the baby and everything, but still, EIGHTY FREAKING POUNDS. And I'm pretty small now! Don't stress, let's just get that beautiful little babe outta there <3
ReplyDelete