Yesterday Joel and I got up kinda early and started on yard work and things around the house, well mostly Joel did all the work and I attempted to help...haha, he pulled all the weeds out front, we organized the storage unit so you can actually see the floor!! And I picked up dog poop while he mowed the back half of the lawn..and I cleaned the bunny space. I've been trying to keep up on keeping things clean around the house so that it's not a mess if we have to leave for the hospital and come back to a pig sty, although i'm sure I could con some people (Like my mom and sister) into tidying up the house if need be before we come home from the hospital.
So after all the hard work we decided to go out to Lake Elmo so Joel could go fishing...Sunshine is so good for my fatigue and anxiety it's ridiculous, I could be feeling so sick and out of it, but being out in the sunshine can instantly turn things around, it's an amazing medicine! So we took our chairs and I brought an umbrella! (smartest choice i've ever made!!!) some sunflower seeds and took off to the lake...it was sooooo hot out! and we couldn't find a spot under a tree or in the shade so I was soooo happy I brought my umbrella! it was nice just sitting and relaxing, some of our friends met up with us, they have two little girls who are hilarious, so it was fun just hanging out and enjoying the weather.
Joel enjoying the sun.
Glorious Lake Elmo...
More views..
Joel having more fun...
These little ducks kept swimming by...they were still babies and had fuzz on them, they were all black except this little guy, so cute!!
His friends...
So the puppies are really pissed at me right now, and I feel bad...but Mateo is so naughty it's his own fault, So I had to order a remote bark collar...he's had a bark collar since he was young because he used to bark at the cars that drove down my parents alley, we started with a citronella collar, which worked for all of about two minutes...then we got a shock collar that actually worked pretty well, but after a few months mateo figured out either how to move the collar by shaking so that it wouldn't work, or how to bark in a high pitch bark that doesn't set it off...(Smart little pupper!) So we had to synch the collar soooo tight so he couldn't shake it, that I feel horrible, every time I put it on him he gulps and chokes alittle, hah, can't be comfortable...
Well so our neighbors in the duplex next to us...which is a rental, so we've gone through lots of tenants, but these guys have a little boy who is like 2 and they take him outside to play ALL the time...which is great, I mean I hope we play outside that much too, but it drives mateo CRAZY!! we've already told the parents not to let the little boy get close to Mateo, he's not trying to hurt the little boy, he's just so excited and wants to smell and say hi and the little kid just gets him so riled up because he can't get to him, so we can't let mateo outside hardly anymore! Which I feel terrible about because this dog is MADE to be outside....So hopefully with the remote collar we will be able to teach him to be quiet and come when he's called...
Okay, well that's all for now, my next appointment is Wednesday, if I don't have this baby before then!!






No comments:
Post a Comment