Monday, February 20, 2023

Animal abortion...

 Hopefully my mom isn't reading this, and if you are.....sorry, here we are. The brains of my life are here now.....sorry about the title, but is a daily occurrence. We aborted 11 kitten fetuses today...and while people get a pit in the stomach about that...I get it, I do, i'm not a totally heartless piece of shit contrary to popular belief....BUT, even in private practice we aborted fetuses that were not far enough along to know about, or accidental....allllllll the time. I also saw poorly bred dogs that didn't need to make more babies for this world. That were PURPOSELY bred!! UGH...I have seen it from both sides, seriously.....but as working at the shelter, the biggest thing that we can do as an organization is NOT make more animals with all of those poor animals that don't have homes and roaming the streets....I get it, people puppies and kittens are cute...but just like un-wanted kids in the foster system, etc...like COME ON...we don't need more animals in this world....So anyway, slight context we had a stray pregnant cat come in today....and basically she has 72 hours for "evacuate" those tenants before we spay her and essentially say "goodbye" to her babies....this is life, this is shelter life, this is veterinary life, and unfortunately people just don't love it. I don't either, but I try to disconnect myself from the tiny lives, ya know? Anyway, thats all.

No comments:

Post a Comment